Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Click on image as data entry, plus...

Click on image as data entry, plus...

Hello,

Brand new user here.

I would like to be able to present an image, and have respondents click on different areas of the image as different response values. I'm pretty sure I can do this in DirectRT. If I want to do it in Medialab, do I need to use a DIrectRT-type question, and then design the question in DirectRT?

Also, I'd like to have a "check all that apply" item with a list of possible responses that's more than 12 responses long. I'm thinking I'll have to create an html question. Is this right?

Thanks a bunch!

Everett

Hi Everett,

Yes, DirectRT can do that (see the "cursor" sample) but try to avoid using it for a single trial from within MediaLab. It's awkward to keep flipping back and forth on a trial by trial basis. You could do it in MediaLab as a custom item. I'm sure that you could find some simple (depending on your experience) javascript that could record and post where a use clicks on a picture.

And yes, a multiple response item with 13 or more options could be done in HTML. I've attached a sample demographics questionnaire includeds a multiple response item (race, check all that apply). You could take that section and just expand it as necessary. Hope that helps--let me know if you run into any trouble with it!
    Attached Files Attached Files