Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Run time error with Voice Response question

Run time error with Voice Response question

Hi, On Friday I started running a study that included Voice Response questions. In pretesting everything ran smoothly. When I installed on the lab computers and started running subjects, I began getting a "Run Time Error" followed by a very long string of numbers (seemingly not interpretable) for every second person I ran, i.e. first person= goes smoothly; second person= run time error; third person=goes smoothly; fourth person= same run time error. When you click on o.k., Media Lab closes down and no data has been recorded. Any ideas on how I can fix this before Tuesday? I have more participants scheduled then. I'd appreciate any help you can provide.

O.k...it is Monday night, and now I'm getting a run time error in the same place, but it now reads "Run time error '91' Object variable or with block variable not set." Any ideas?

Lisa
    Last edited by lac14; 10-01-2007 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Update

Try closing an re-opening MediaLab between sessions. I recall another user having this issue a while back and I believe that provided a fix for it. Let me know if that helps.

[edited from follow-up email]
    Closing down and re-opening the program after each participant is what I ended up doing last week--as a default. When we do that, it seems to be
    working. It just isn't particularly convenient or time efficient because our computers in the Behavioral Lab are rather slow when launching Media Lab.
    Thanks for the update. I'll see if we can find out what's going on with that.

Hello,

I have been experiencing the same problem with the voice response function (i.e., program shutting down completely without saving any of the data due to run time error), and I was wondering whether there was an alternative solution than closing and reopening MediaLab between participants.

Thanks,
    Lily

Lily,

As of yet, this problem still remains unfixed.
    The 2010 copies will have this bug eliminated; however in the current version, the noted work-around above is the only solution we've currently been able to find. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Trevor