[edited from support email]

I am highly interested in purchasing Direct RT. I have now received approval from my department to make this purchase but before I do, I was hoping to confirm that DirectRT can in fact create the experiment I need for my research project. Here is the description: I need to display a series of images for a brief amount of time (20 seconds each) in a slide show-like fashion. After this, individuals will see a scrambled word displayed next to a target word on a computer screen. They will produce a yes or no response on a keyboard to this display as fast as they can based on whether the scrambled word can be reconfigured to spell the target word. There will be approximately 20 of these yes-no trials. However, on approximately 5 of these trials, I need an auditory tone to sound through a pair of headphones at either 250, 500, or 750 milliseconds after the presentation of the scrambled and target word display. Individuals will need to respond to this tone as fast as they can by simply pressing a keyboard key. So the big question is can the auditory tone sound in such a rapid fashion after the presentation of the word display described above, and if so, can Diresct RT record the yes/no response and the simple response even when these seperate responses will be very close temporally--one response right after the next?

Based on all I have read on the Empirisoft website, Direct RT appears to be the perfect program to create my experiment with. I just need confirmation that it can, otherwise my department and advisors will be very upset! Thank you for all of your help, I greatly look forward to my experience with Direct RT and plan to turn other researchers in my deparment on to this program in the future.