Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Move Licenses Between Computers

Move Licenses Between Computers

[edited from support email]

We've just purchased new computers for our lab. How do we transfer our existing MediaLab and DirectRT licenses to the new machines? Do we need to purchase new licenses?

Moving licenses between computers is never a problem, and there's no charge if you stay in the same version (v2004, v2006, etc) you originally purchased.

Just uninstall the software from the original computer, then using the new machine, visit the download section of our website and grab what you need. If you haven't purchased a license for our current version (at the time of this writing, v2008), you can find older copies at at www.empirisoft.com/download_old.aspx.

After you finish the installation process, you'll need to send us an activation code which appears on your computer screen.

These codes are generally to sent to the sales department, whose email address is sales AT empirisoft.com.

Unfortunately, license codes are unique to each machine, so you can't just re-use the ones you have presently.

That's it!

Let us know if you get stuck.

Oh - and if you can tell us who originally purchased the software you're moving when you write back, that will help us keep our license database neat and tidy.
    Last edited by JEC; 04-05-2011 at 01:36 PM.

moving program to other computers

Hello,

I have both DirectRT and MediaLab on 3 computers in my Lab, and need to transfer the programs to two new computers. However, I do not know which computer the programs where originally downloaded on...does that matter? I read the other post about how to transfer the programs by uninstalling then getting new codes, ect., just wanted to make sure that wouldn't be a problem.

Thank you,
    Jessica