Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: tricky licensing issue - please help! (case 15128)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

tricky licensing issue - please help! (case 15128)

Hi there,

I have just started a faculty position at a very small university. I did my post-doc at a large, well-funded lab, where I learned to use medialab and directRT. I love the programs, and I really want to continue using them for my research and my honours students' thesis projects. I had planned to purchase licenses to run both programs on 5 computers, but I have run into a problem. The only lab here that has individual computers on which software can be loaded, has only Macs, which, I just discovered, aren't compatible with medialab and directRT. There are only 2 PC labs here, where the computers are are all connected to an internal server (i.e., none of the computers in the labs have individual towers where software could be loaded individually - they are just monitors hooked up to a central server). A site license isn't financially possible. Would it be possible for me to purchase something that would enable me to have the programs run on only 5 computers in the lab (through an internal server)? I have no idea what the technical issues might be with this, but I wanted to check to see if it was even possible before I talk to IT about this. Any thoughts?
    Thanks so much,

Marie
    Last edited by jason_reed; 07-04-2014 at 10:54 AM.