Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Multiple Monitors

Multiple Monitors

I have two monitors connected to one computer. One monitor is in another room and it needs to run Direct RT for the research subjects. The other monitor is in the experimenter room and it needs to control the camera and some other applications. Can Direct RT run in a window rather than taking over the whole screen? Any suggestions? Thanks.

The current version (v2006) can't do this. However, we are just wrapping up the beta of a special 2008 version that's been written pretty much from scratch to operate on the Vista platform (as well as previous versions of Windows). It may be able to do this. If you're interested in trying it let me know. If you can tell me what kind of study you would be running, I can approximate how safe it would be for that purpose.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 09-11-2007 at 06:17 AM.

Interested

We would be happy to test the BETA version out. We have 4 experiments, all of which are identical except for the sound files being used, where the subject listens to two blocks of sound clips. Each block consists of 10 6-second clips. In between each block he/she is answering self-report questions about how the sounds made him/her feel. Let me know if you have any further questions about the experiment and what I need to do regarding the BETA version. Thanks.

OK, ask me in two weeks. We're wrapping up now and should be ready to start testing then--let's say October 1st. In the mean time, prepare a small test sample--say 10 trials with stimuli and everything and send it along as a zip file when you're ready. I'll test it out here to ensure that it will work OK and then will send along the info you need to download and install it.

Direct RT Beta

Per your instructions, I have included a sample test file of the experiment we will be running.
    Attached Files Attached Files