Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Cant determine local IP address for authorization

Cant determine local IP address for authorization (case 10159)

We have a site licence for Direct RT and Media Lab 2008. We are now getting "Can't determine local IP address for authorization' when attempting to run Direct RT. The IPs are the same and MediaLab appears to still work. Any suggestions?

Other details

It appears that DirectRT is trying to hit http://network-tools.com to try and verify the client's external IP, but looking at it in Network Monitor, it's getting a 403 error from CloudFlare (network-tools.com uses it for DDOS protection, I assume). I'm not sure what's causing it to spit back that 403, but I can browse normally to network-tools.com with no issue. I've got a researcher that needs to run a study tomorrow, and I'm not sure what to tell her. We're IP licensed, but that's not doing us much good with the verification mechanism not functioning. Is there anything we can do to get her running?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmynwade View Post
    We have a site licence for Direct RT and Media Lab 2008. We are now getting "Can't determine local IP address for authorization' when attempting to run Direct RT. The IPs are the same and MediaLab appears to still work. Any suggestions?
    Using DirectRT v2008.3 should solve this problem. Grab a copy here: http://empirisoft.com/download_old.aspx
    Last edited by JEC; 10-10-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Where?

Quote Originally Posted by JEC View Post
    Using DirectRT v2008.3 should solve this problem. Grab a copy here: http://empirisoft.com/download_old.aspx
    I'm also running into the same issue, but I'm unable to find 2008.3. Can you post a direct download link?

no luck

I've tried installing using "DirectRT v2008.2.103 (v2008 for Windows 7, Vista)" -- no luck. It is still throwing the same error message, "Can't determine local IP address for authorization".

The above install has worked without any issue for the past 2 years.

Any ideas?

An old thread but if this is still an issue for anybody, we're now doing domain based licensing which should get around this issue and is much simpler in general. If you have a departmental site-license, you can just provide us with your domain (e.g., "psych.osu.edu") and the software will start right up if they belong to that! This is active as of versions 2018.1.113.