Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Unconditional skipping fails in v2006.2.39

Exclamation Unconditional skipping fails in v2006.2.39

[edited from support email]

I am having trouble with the skip function in my questionnaire. I have looked at the manual, but cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

I have several items (starting at au10 in attached file), where participants are asked whether or not they engaged in a behavior. If they have then they are asked whether they engaged in that behavior in the last hour. If they have NOT engaged in the behavior in the last hour, then they are skipped to an item that asks them how many hours since they engaged in this behavior. If they HAVE engaged in the behavior in the last hour then they go to an item that asks them how many minutes since engaging in the behavior. Now, once they complete the number of minutes, they should skip to the next question/behavior. However, it is here that my skip function fails. Right now they go to the next item which is number of hours.

Would you please have a look at my program and let me know where I have gone wrong.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you for reporting this. It's a bug created by the most recent release, 2006.2.39. It's now fixed as of v2006.2.40. For more detail, see:

www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?t=937

You can install the complete package from the download page. Or, if you already have a release of 2006.2 installed, you can simply update your medialab.exe file with the attached below. Be sure to look at the readme file included in the zip file.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 09-18-2007 at 08:51 AM.

Similar unconditional skipping issue for newer version

I'm having a similar problem with unconditional skipping from Instruction type pages and I've using v2008.1.0.13. I set a time limit on an instruction page (i.e., d3) and fill in the name of the page I want it to skip to under the Skipto space but it just goes to the next slide. Any ideas?

Can you post a copy of your .que file? I'll check it out.

Example of my skipping problem

Ok, I'm attaching a simple example to illustrate my skipping problem. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense but it's just ment to show you what my problem is. Basically, there is no problem when it comes to branching from a multiple choice Scale type item, but when it comes to an instruction type item it just goes to whatever the next slide is without paying any heed to what I tell it to skip to. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.