Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Mouse scroll wheel not working in web tracker (case 7010)

Mouse scroll wheel not working in web tracker (case 7010)

Hello,
    I'm having trouble with scrolling in Medialab v2012. I am unable to scroll using the mouse wheel on the webtracker item despite being able to scroll with the wheel outside of medialab. The scrolling does, however, work on one of our 4 computers despite very similar set ups (and an identical study). Please let me know what I can do to resolve this.

Thanks!

Hi affectlab,

Let me see what we can do to help you resolve your issue. I notice that you wrote you can sroll wheel function of your mouse on one of your computers in a similar set up in an identical study. Could you please describe what version of MediaLab and OS that computer uses? Also, what is different about the computer on which the scroll function works compared to the computer on which it does not?

Jason

Hi affectlab,

I talked with Blair about your issue. It would help us troubleshoot if you can answer these two questions:

1) Do you need more than a single screen to display all of the html code for the Web Tracker item? That is, does a scroll bar appear in your html window?

2) Does the scroll wheel of the mouse work if you first click on the html window?

Please get back to me with these answers when you can.

Cheers.

Jason

Hi Jason,
    Thanks for your reply. It was all on a single screen and I had clicked on the html first. I figured out that the issue was that I needed to click the option in my mouse software to use Microsoft Office 97 scrolling emulation only. I don't know why or what that means but it seemed to work.

Thanks for your help!

I'm glad to hear that you were able to figure out what was wrong and fix the issue. And thank you also for sharing the solution on the forum; it's always helpful to put the solution here for public viewing.

Jason