Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: test box & randomized stimuli (case 6386)

test box & randomized stimuli (case 6386)

I am using stimuli in 3 different csv files. Once a stimulus is used I do not want any of the other files to reuse it. Is there a way to configure this?

I am using an open ended response text box. The text box appears with a continue option in the box itself. Is there a way to have the box without that option?

thank you!
    Last edited by jason_reed; 01-07-2015 at 10:08 PM.

Yes, to both questions

HI. I believe that both of your questions can be answered with a yes.
    To answer your first question, please upload an example of the files you are working with.
    To answer your second question, what exactly would you like to display in place of 'continue' for the open-ended response text (how would you like a participant to proceed after they have typed something)?

could use a stimfile

Is there a particular reason that you are using 3 different .csv files? The reason I ask is because as long as you are have at least as many stimuli as trials in which you wish to use them and you wanted the stimuli presented randomly across the trials, you should be able to use a stimfile to achieve your desired effect.

You would have to put all the trials in the same .csv file and create a stimlist .txt file listing all your stimuli. You can find instructions about creating and using stimlists in the Input List > Stim-Stimulus section of the interactive user guide in the Help folder of DirectRT files on your computer.

After creating the stimfile, you would refer to it in the stim column of the .csv file using the $ operator followed by the name of the stimfile; if you called your stimfile stimulus, then you would type $stimulus in the stim column of each trial. This would use all of the stimuli in the stimfile in a random order without replacement, so long as you are using at least as many unique stimuli as you have trials. You can see an example in Sample > 1-bare bones folder of the DirectRT files on your computer. Look at the file called "stimlist rand.csv" for an example.