Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: New to Assigning Conditions and Having Problems Following Manual (case 6012)

New to Assigning Conditions and Having Problems Following Manual (case 6012)

Hi,

The simple task of assigning conditions is not working for me at the moment. MediaLab's User guide said to simply place (1, 2, 3, 4) in the "conditions" field of the experiment file. But when I go to run the file, the response I get is that "There appears to be no experiment 1". This happens for all four conditions.

Is there an extra step for assigning conditions? Perhaps I should not include the parentheses?

Thank you in advance for any feedback.
    Last edited by jason_reed; 12-15-2015 at 11:46 AM.

Your hunch is correct

In the experimental file, your conditions should NOT be entered in parenthesis. So in the conditions column, enter 1, 2, 3, etc, NOT (1), (2), (3).

Just FYI, you posted in the DirectRT section of the board, not the MediaLab section. No harm, but some people who might be able to help you may not see it over here.

Thanks for your feedback - Still struggling to assign conditions

Thank you for your response. I need to move this thread to the MediaLab support section. Right now, if I put in 1, 2, 3, 4 or 1,2,3,4 or 1, 2, 3, and 4, the program says that none of these conditions exist when I try and run the study. It is strange.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Hmmm . . .

Are you putting more than number in the conditions box?

I've attached a demo file of a simple study with two conditions. In condition 1, participants read some instructions, complete a hard test, complete a measure of self-esteem and then are debriefed. In condition 2, participants read some instructions, complete an easy test, complete a measure of self-esteem and then are debriefed.

Take a look at the demo file, and see if that helps you format your conditions correctly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you

Yes, I was putting more than one condition in the condition file. This made things much more clear. Thank you.