Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Problem with code for using number 5 instead of space bar to proceed (case 5722)

Problem with code for using number 5 instead of space bar to proceed (case 5722)

Does anyone know how to make it possible for participants to press the number 5 instead of the space bar to proceed to the next screen? I thought I was following the correct code from the user manual.

In fact, when I changed my code from "rt:57" to "rt:5" in row 2 in order to have the participant press the number 5 in order to proceed rather than the space bar, the following message shows up: "Row 2 [of the attached document] has a missing value for one of its time columns." This message comes up when using the attached "LDT - Measure of Thought Suppression4" file. I am surprised since row 2 in this file is almost identical to row 2 in the attached "LDT - Measure of Thought Suppression3" file, which works just fine.
    Last edited by jkzuerch; 02-21-2013 at 05:26 PM.

Internal quotes in stim confusing RT?

Hi. Direct RT seemed to be throwing a missing value message for row2, "time" even though your syntax appeared to be correct. To get your “Thought Suppression 4” file to run without the message, I removed the quotes from your “stim” instructions in row 2. For some reason, the Please press the “Next” … quotes caused the message. I replicated this within your experiment by first removing the quotes from row 2 but leaving them in “stim” row 39, DRT threw the same message. Hence, I removed the “Next” quotes again, and your experiment progressed as designed [file attached].
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you

Thank you so much for solving this problem. It was very confusing and time consuming. Your help is very much appreciated! Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by jkzuerch View Post
    Thank you so much for solving this problem. It was very confusing and time consuming. Your help is very much appreciated! Take care.

You're welcome! Glad I could be of help.

I would like to learn why those internal quotes in your instructions resulted in RT throwing a missing value message.