Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Saving DirectRT output. (case 5102)

Saving DirectRT output. (case 5102)

Hi. I am running an experiment using DirectRT and am finding that output will only save in the 'data' file if it is stored on a USB as opposed to the H: drive of the Univeristy network computers?
    Is this a common problem? Also is there a resolution so that the data can be automatically saved to the server when running the experiment simultaneously on several computer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lauren.
    Last edited by jason_reed; 12-15-2015 at 09:16 AM.

Hi Lauren,

Given the scenario that you presented, there could be a number of things going on.

If each computer that you use for conducting your study with MediaLab/ DirectRT has the same access rights to your university's network server folders, then you might try storing and running your input files on the university's network server. Create a unique folder for each computer that you use for a study.

For instance, for lab computer 1, store your experiment files in:
    H:\yourfolder\computer1\studyname\; and, for computer 2, store a copy of the same experiment files in H:\yourfolder\computer2\studyname\... Etc.

Oftentimes university administrators restrict what can and cannot occur on the network servers. For instance, your university? drive might allow file storage [read-write access] but not allow programs to borrow the server's space to execute procedures, such as temporary files.

If this issue remains outstanding please include addition details about your situation, perhaps attach some of your files to give us a sense of what you're dealing with exactly.
    Last edited by jason_reed; 12-15-2015 at 09:18 AM.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have been saving it on the H drive however, although the propgram runs correctly it just does not save the output. It will only do so if it is able to store to a USB. I have spoken to the Uni IT dept who advised me to post the query here as there are apparently no problems from their side (access etc).

I think I will just have to try and acquire 14 USB's :s

Thanks for your help though