Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Multiple stim files (case 5054)

Multiple stim files (case 5054)

I hate starting a new thread, but I couldn't find an answer to what I was looking for.

I am having an issue assigning separate stim files to multiple stimuli on the same given trial.

I have broken it down to the simplest form and have attached the stimuli, stimdrt file, and the input file.

In the example, I'd like the text label for a given photograph (Caucasian/Hispanic) to be RED and UNDERLINED (so, Style2) and the instructions for each trial in the default style (so, Style1). I've tried every combination such as initially assigning Style 1 to the "Stim" column, then assigning <9> to the picture label and <1> back to the trial instructions OR initially style 9 to the "Stim" and then no <> to the picture label and a <1> back to the instructions. I've also made new styles and tried in multiple experiments to try to present different font/color labels on the same screen with another default type of text.

Is what we're trying to do easily achievable?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jason_reed; 12-15-2015 at 09:03 AM.

Hi.

If I understand your aim, then yes, what you're trying to do is easily achievable. To keep your instructions font the default style, don't change a thing.

However, to change your photo caption font to underlined and red, a couple adjustments need to be made.

1. in your Style file, create a new style on row 9, called "caption" or "custom" etc: specify size, color, underlined, etc. Save it.

2. in your test.csv file, under the first stim (column H) add "<9> " next to " ~Caucasian" and each instance thereafter you want red underlined font as the photo caption. Save it, re-run.

The above worked when I tried it.