Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: can't load DirectRT files in Medialab (case 6714)

can't load DirectRT files in Medialab (case 6714)

Hi I embed several DirectRT files in one Medialab questionnaire, but once I run the Medialab and it reaches the first DirectRT session, the screen blanks out and freezes (see attached). However, if each file is run individually by DirectRT itself everything works. The computer is Windows 7. What could be causing this and can it be fixed?

When I embed several DirectRT files in Medialab, I also put a Medialab page separator between two DirectRT files to avoid the problem of one existing DirectRT thread intervening the other (described in the Medialab manual).

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jason_reed; 02-17-2014 at 09:10 AM.

Hi yepapey. That does sound frustrating. What versions of MediaLab and DirectRT are you using? Some of the older versions have known conflicts with Windows 7. Given that you mention that the DirectRT sessions run fine on their own I'm guessing this isn't your issue, but it's worth eliminating the easiest fix first.

It's also possible that Microsoft Access is interfering with DirectRT when you try to run it through MediaLab. Some users in the past have encountered problems with accessing DirectRT via MediaLab if another program is also trying to access their DirectRT files. You can read more detail about that problem is this thread: http://empirisoft.com/Support/showthread.php?t=1795, but the short version is that it might be worth opening and closing Microsoft Access (assuming you have it installed on this computer) to see if that resolves the problem.

If none of that works, I'd suggest attempting to create a new MediaLab .que file that includes all but the first of your DirectRT sessions. If everything runs smoothly, then it has to be something about that first session, and we've at least narrowed down your problem. If you can send along the offending files I'd be happy to take a look at them and see if I can figure anything out.

Best,
    Will