Hi, thanks for looking at my post.

First of all, here's the context of my problems. I built an experiment with multiple questionnaires. I have 8 conditions and 5 questionnaires. All questionnaires are exactly the same across all 8 conditions, and are all scale response. The problematic questionnaire, which I will refer to as Questionnaire PI, can write data into Excel and SPSS perfectly when it's run alone. However, when it is run together with the other questionnaires as a complete experiment, I would get an error message at the end of the experiment that says the data for the variables from questionnaire PI are in string format but will be written as numeric value in SPSS. Now the scale response for this questionnaire has 11 anchor points with the text label for the first point and the last point being relatively long (i.e., 6 words including a comma). I tried cutting down the length of the text label for the anchor points, the error message is gone, but the data written for this whole questionnaire become 99.

Has anyone had problem like this before? If you did, how did you solve it? Any advice, suggestion or direction would be highly appreciated. Thanks!!!