Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Recalling Previous Stim and BGR Between Groups Randomization (case 1764)

Recalling Previous Stim and BGR Between Groups Randomization (case 1764)

I'm having a problem with creating a dot probe task.

I would like to randomly display a set of stimuli without replacement, and then in later trials, recall these same stimuli in a random order. So, I have set different WGR values for each set. This is no problem.

I would also like to do the same thing in a second block of trials. This group should select stim from the same list as block one without replacement, and then later recall those stim in a random order. This is where I have a problem.

I currently have the file set up to randomly display one of these two blocks of trials before the other using BGR numbers. The problem comes in the final set of trials. Instead of displaying the trials from the most recent set displayed (in block 2), the program appears to select trials from the first block displayed.

Please help. I have attached a simplified version of my task with stim in a zip file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

recalling previous stim and BGR

Hi. I looked at your task, ran through the script a few times, checked the output and am confused. The task presents randomly selected items from list1 and list2 (group A), then presents group A items in random order a second time. The task then selects more items from the previous lists (group B), and randomly presents the items from group B a second time.
    It is a bit confusing that the instructions are part of the block randomization, as if group B is before group A then the instructions do not tell you what to do in the task.
    Try indicating the blocks with (-), so (-1) instead of (1) so that there is always an output, and taking the instructions out of the block randomization. Check the log file to see whether the items are presented properly.
    Sorry, if I am misunderstanding the question. Please clarify and unload the actual task, stim and log detailing what is not working the way you want. Hope this helps.