Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Link from Limesurvey to Direct RT then back again (case 409)

Link from Limesurvey to Direct RT then back again (case 409)

Dear Forum,

I new to Direct RT and wondering whether anyone could help me with this request. I am running a study in which participants complete a number of questionnaires via Limesurvey (http://www.limesurvey.org/), and between questionnaires are asked to complete a reaction time task through Direct RT.

They do the same reaction time task at two points of the study, and answer questionnaires before and after both instances of the reaction time task.

Is there a way to provide a link to the Direct RT task in Limesurvey, which would open the task, then return the user to the next part of the Limesurvey questionnaire when they are finished?

If you require any further information about the study, please let me know.

Many many thanks for any help or suggestions you might have!

ProcrastinationResearcher
    Last edited by jason_reed; 05-05-2015 at 03:30 PM.

Hello ProcrastinationResearcher,

Are you using Limesurvey because your participants will be access the survey online from home (or not the lab)? If so, I'm not sure you can direct participants from Limesurvey to DRT because DRT can't be accessed from a remote computer (to the best of my knowledge). A search of the forum posts also suggests that online access isn't going to happen anytime soon.

However, if your participants are coming to the lab, and you're using Limesurvey for convenience (like your school partners with it or you already wrote your questionnaires with it), you could create an experiment in MediaLab that will go to a .que of the first part of your Limesurvey, then to your DRT file, then back to Limesurvey. See here for a post that may help: http://support.empirisoft.com/showthread.php?t=5662.

Or, if you only have DRT and not MediaLab, you could rewrite the questionnaire items in DRT (not as pretty as ML, but gets the job done).