Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Countdown display for final seconds only?

Countdown display for final seconds only?

Hello,
    I want to have an essay that displays for 5 minutes, but a countdown timer that only displays for the final 15 seconds of that time. Is there a way to do this either with Medialab menus or HTML backgrounds? I've been poking around with no luck. Any guidance is appreciated, thank you!

I would just display a background HTML region with a countdown timer--you can probably google such a code snippet. You could perhaps keep the numbers the same color as the background until there are only 15 seconds left at which time you could change the color such that they would be visible... Would that work for you?

Here is some sample HTML code that you could use to display the 30 second timer. Before that, you could just display a blank HTML page that does an auto-redirect after 270 seconds. i.e., an auto-redirect to the 30 second countdown html page. Know what I mean? If not, feel free to ask for elaboration!! You could also play with the formatting in this attached sample--it's pretty bare-bones.

Hope it helps!
    -Blair
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the reply! That sounds like a good approach. If you have any more specific ideas how to make it work I'd love to hear them! I've never used the HTML backgrounds in Medialab before so I'm still finding my way. Thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis24 View Post
    Here is some sample HTML code that you could use to display the 30 second timer. Before that, you could just display a blank HTML page that does an auto-redirect after 270 seconds. i.e., an auto-redirect to the 30 second countdown html page. Know what I mean? If not, feel free to ask for elaboration!! You could also play with the formatting in this attached sample--it's pretty bare-bones.

Hope it helps!
    -Blair
    Oh awesome! I'll see if I can make it work when I'm back in the lab tomorrow, thank you!