Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: medialab freezing directrt matrices (case 479)

medialab freezing directrt matrices (case 479)

Hi There,

I am using medialab to run my experiment. The version I have is 2010.2.19

In my experiment I have a experiment intro file, then matrices of pictures (matrix = 9x9 picture) that I had created in DirectRT and embedded in medialab and finally a demogrpahics questionaire.

My question is when I run the study and the part where the direct RT matrices start I am able to go through the matrices, and make the necessary judgements I need to on the keyboard (i.e. pressing A and K depending on whether a matrix generates a particular emotion or not. However, after about 5-10 minutes, medialab freezes on a matrix and I cant press anything to move forward hence I hit ctrl alt delete to close the program and then I see that the resolution of my entire desktop has changed as well. I dont know whats going on can someone tell me a quick solution to this problem

thanks

pproblem

I forgot to mention this earlier. We have 4 computers in the lab and it freezes on 3 of the computers and not on 1 computer. This 1 computer is the place where I originally created the program and copied the program to the other 3 computers. I deleted teh data of the program from this computer before transferring to the other computers and also recopied the entire program again yesterday to the other 3 computers. Still the same problem is happening. Also another thing I noted is that the 3 freezing computers have a VOICE Folder in the data folder ? I have never asked directRT to record voices so i dont know if this is part of the problem. No voice data is recorded in the computer that works fine. Hence, please reply as early as possible I am trying to get this fixed asap so I can run my experiment smoothly and efficiently.

Did we resolve this when we did the version update? My recollection is that when we installed either DirectRT v2010.3 or v2012.4, the problem was solved. Is my memory correct on this? -Blair