Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Error depends on who is logged in

Error depends on who is logged in

[edited from support email]

I recently purchased and installed a second DirectRT and MediaLab license. Today, I copied a study in DirectRT over onto this computer, and ran it on the computer, and all was fine. However, on this computer, users have to log in when the computer is on. We discovered that when I logon, the study runs fine. However, when I log off the computer, and a research assistant logs on to run the study for me, there is an error message.

Specifically, she opens DirectRT and selects the input file to run, then immediately, an error message appears stating that there is a problem with the style file, and that it is open by another user, or to check to see if it is read only (which it is not). When we try to open the style file, it will not open, but instead we get an error message referring to some issue with Microsoft Jet database. Again, all works just fine when I am logged onto the computer, but not when someone else is.

Do you experience the same problem if she tries running the various samples that come with DirectRT? Or is it just this particular study?

Thanks, I got the problem solved. Apparently, she did not have rights to access the folders where the experiments are. Once that was changed in the security setting, the study ran fine.
    Thank you.