Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Starting and stopping programs (such as InputRT)

Starting and stopping programs (such as InputRT)

We've been conducting long experiments with DirectRT and MediaLab (with great success).

We've lately used InputRT in one experiment. This is a little tedious as we have to wade through hundreds of lines of typing to find the reaction times we need.

It would be nice if there was a way DirectRT could "turn on" a program like InpurtRT (or a mouse tracking program), and then turn it off after a specified time.

I agree, that would be a nice feature for both programs. What kind of task are you using it for?

Possible programs to stop/start

The one program in particular that I was thinking about was a "mouse tracking" program which calculates the "distance" that the person moves the mouse. (There are dozens of free examples on the internet.)

I am trying to find objective evidence for a person's state. Mainly drug/withdrawal states, but I think this may be applicable to emotional states as well.

We'd want the program to turn "on" and "off" when all participants come to a specific point.

Any ideas?

Can you launch it with MediaLab and then enter the stop key sequence while still in MediaLab? i.e., when you are done with it?