Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: inquisit sessoin problems

inquisit sessoin problems

Hi here is my problem. I went to experiment editor to create a new experiment on media lab. I only have 2 files for my experiment, one demographic questionaire file created via medialab and one file which is an inquisit session. I want the questionaire file to follow the inquisit sessoin. So First I went to medialabs experiment editor and went to new questionaire. Over here I entered the item type of as inquisit and made my inquisit session file an questionaire file. Aafter this I went to the medialab experiment editor again and then clicked on new experiment. Here is what i put:
    Condition Position File name
    1 1 E:\experimental.que (Inquisit session questionre fil)
    1 2 E:\demographic.que (Demographic quest. file)

Then I saved this medialab experiment file.

Now when I go on run and select this experiment file on media lab it asks me to put participant number and condition number i put 1 for both, and then i hit enter. It just goes directly and dsipalsyt eh demographic questionaire file and does not display my inquisit sessions experiment file (questionaire file on medialab) at all. Can someone tell me what will be the problem here. Please I need help with this.

THanks

It probably thinks your Inquisit file is a MediaLab file. Unfortunately Sean Draine and I both (coincidentally!) picked similar file extensions. Try creating a regular MediaLab questionnaire (.que) file and enter the Inquisit file in there as an Inquisit item. That way was it can be explicitly and unambiguously defined as an Inquisit file. Then just present the higher level .que file as the item in your experiment. Does that help?