Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Repeat Stimuli?

Repeat Stimuli?

The SKIP command allows a subject to skip to a later trial, but I would like the option of skipping to either an earlier trial OR (preferably) the SAME trial. For instance, I'd like to give the subject an option of pressing the BACKSPACE key (or whichever) if s/he would like the stimuli for that trial to be repeated.

Can anyone tell me how to do this please? Thanks!

I believe that is an option we have built into the 2010 version (available as a beta if you'd like to try) but not in any of the earlier versions. The feature may or may not be functional yet, I'll check into it. Otherwise a workaround is to repeat the trial in your input file and skip PAST it if the subject does NOT hit the backspace key. Would something like that help as a short term solution?

Yes... but it will make my input almost twice at long as it is now... and it will allow participants to repeat the stimuli only once... This is an option.... But I'd like to trial the 2010 beta.

Yes it would certainly make the input file longer. But since the trials are identical, it''s a matter only of copying and pasting and you certainly can paste as many copies of the trial as you like--you could repeat it once to give them another chance or 10 times if you like. So long as some specifed key code(s) skip them past those repeated trials if they get it (not including backspace which would allow them to go on to the next repeat).

In any case, regarding the beta, no problem--drop an email to support@ and mention you would like to try the beta. You might also include a link to this thread so they can tell you if the backward (or current trial) skipping has been enabled yet.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 03-04-2010 at 04:49 AM.

To confirm what has been discussed above:
    The 2010 version of DirectRT now has the ability to do skips and jumps both backward and forward.

Thanks SO much! I've been using it! It works great!