Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: transparency and bitmaps

transparency and bitmaps

hi,
    i need the white background of my bitmaps to be transparent, so that several bitmaps can be viewed simultaneously one on top of the other.
    after some investigation i gathered that the transparency capability of bitmaps is not inherent in the bitmap file itself (that is, i cannot create a transparent bitmap, as opposed to other picture formats) but it is a function of the bitmap viewer. does direct rt enable this transparency? (i'm using v2004 but soon moving to v2006)
    thanks,
    michal

Michal,

At this time, DirectRT does not directly support transparency. However, it does support animations--so if you're pressed for a solution, maybe you could build the animations with your images to achieve the multiple layering effect. You could then show that animation as a stimulus. Just a thought.

Blair

Direct RT does not support any transparency at all?

oh....

I think I have wasted the last few weeks of my group's work??

At this point in time, DirectRT does support transparency; however you must request for a copy of the 2010 beta version of DirectRT at our support email.

Many new and requested features have been added in and are working for users.