Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Collect a time of day response

Collect a time of day response

I need to be able to collect a time of day response (i.e., what time did you go to bed last night?). I could of course do this with an essay or fill-in-the-blank question type, but as the data would be text and in unknown format (ie "9:30" vs "10 o clock" vs "11 PM") it would require human intervention to check the format of the response and re-enter it as a properly formatted numerical value.

How can I make a pull-down list of options for each part of a time response (ie one for hours [1-12], one for minutes [00,15,30,45] and one for AM/PM [AM, PM]), and include 3 list responses on a single question?

Or, does anyone have a better idea of how to college time of day responses?

Thanks,

Jon

Do you know how to make an html form with a pull down box? If not, do you have someone there who can show you hopw to do that? If you can create the item as an HTML form, then it's a snap to embed that within your MediaLab questionnaire. If there is no web-handy individual around, let me know and I'll see what I can come up with for you. See also, the section in the users guide on custom items (v2006.2 or later).