Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Problems getting simple lexical decision task to run

Problems getting simple lexical decision task to run

I am having multiple problems. The program I have written is very simple but I am having problems running it on different machines. I did the programming in DirectRT 2010 which was installed on my computer last week. I used a program that I have used in the past with success as a starting point and cannot find any obvious flaws in my programming, although the previous programs were done in the 2006 version not in the 2010 version. I cannot get any DirectRT files to run on my computer. I have sent the program to 2 co-authors who also use DirectRT but have version 2006 on their computers. They get two different error messages. On one computer the error received is "Error 429. ActiveX component can't create object". On another computer, an executre error is given that "Row 2 requests style code 2000, which does not exist in the style file for this session." What is weird about this is that in the style column I am using the default style code and the "2000" in question corresponds to the time code. I am not sure why it is doing this. As per a suggestion on another thread I have made sure that row 1 is clean (there is nothing after the last comma).
    I have attached my programs (the are essentially identical, the only difference is that the words displayed are different and in one I want the order of presentation to be randomized and in the other I do not).
    Also, is the command for randomization w/in groups RWG or WGR? I have seen it both ways in the sample files and in the forums and am wondering if this could be part of my problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files