Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: two blocks of between group randomization

two blocks of between group randomization

hi,
    i need to have 2 blocks of bgr. that is, 3 groups should be randomized, then a new block starts and 10 other groups need to be randomized, but there must be NO randomization between the 3 groups and the 10 groups (just to explain: the first 3 groups belong to a practice session and the other 10 groups are the actual experiment, so i can't have trials of both types mixed).
    thanks for your help (and sorry for the "bombing" of questions)

I'm surprised--I think I actually understand this! If so, the answer is no, you can't do that. That would essentially be like having two separate levels of BGR. Like "randomize these blocks.. ok, now randomize these blocks." Would be a nice feature though. In the mean time, you would need a separate input file for your practice blocks.

ok

in that case can i run several input files together (so that i won't have to be present and switch files manually in the middle for every participant)

I'm guessing this needs to be done by running the multiple DirectRT input files from MediaLab? Is this the only way? I have MediaLab and can do this but would prefer to avoid any potential glitches that might arise from jumping in and out of a DirectX environment or in and out of whatever display setting you've established in the DirectRT style file. I'll give it a try. Assume there were no problems if this is the last you hear from me on it.