Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: End of Slide Show message after PowerPoint

End of Slide Show message after PowerPoint

[edited from support email]

I've inserted a .pps file into the experiement. However, when running the experiment, after the .pps file, there will be a black screen which says 'End of Slide show, Click to exit.' May I know how do I remove this black screen such that the experiment can be run smoothly?

It's actually a PowerPoint option (weird that they set this as the default!). To turn it off:

Open PowerPoint and go to Tools > Options > View > SlideShow and click off all three options. This will eliminate the right clicking/popup issue as well as eliminate the "end of slide show" screen.

[edited from support email]
    When I run an experiment containing a slide show on one of them, during the slide show, if a participant rolls the scroll key on the mouse, the slide show skips through quickly. On the other computer, during the same slide show, which is run from the network server (so in theory there it is the exact same experiment), in the bottom left hand corner, arrows show up that you can click on to skip through the slide show. Also, right click is enabled so the participant can just right click and select to end the slide show. The keyboard and mouse settings are identical on both computers and hot keys have been disabled. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Again, open PowerPoint and go to Tools > Options > View > SlideShow and click off all three options. This will eliminate the right clicking/popup issue. Does that help?

I changed the settings in Powerpoint, which does work for the arrows at the bottom of the screen and right click-end show problem, however, the mouse is still able to scroll through the show as well as the down arrow key on the keyboard.

I would try a google search for it then because it's really a PowerPoint issue that MediaLab has no control over.

e.g., I just did a quick Google on "powerpoint mouse click disable" and found this:

Suppose you're putting a presentation out where just anyone can operate it. You want them to navigate using the buttons and hyperlinks you've included in the show. And ONLY those. You want to disable the keyboard and mouse so that stray clicks and keypresses don't send your show off into uncharted territory. Easy!

Set the show up as a KIOSK presentation
    • Open your presentation in PowerPoint
    • From the main menu bar, choose Slide Show, Set Up Show ...
    • The Set Up Show dialog box appears
    • Click "Browsed at a kiosk (full screen)
    • Click OK
    Now when you start the presentation, the only navigation options will be the links and action settings you've created and the ESC key, which will stop the presentation.

No ESCape!

And what if you don't want users to press the ESC key? Two options:
    • Hide, lock, unplug or otherwise disable the keyboard. We don't recommend hot-swapping PS/2 keyboards but with a USB keyboard you can plug and unplug them as needed.
    • Use Shyam Pillai's No Escape add-in for PowerPoint 2000 and higher (add-ins don't work if you're using the free PowerPoint Viewer to display the presentation)