Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Scrambled Filenames

Scrambled Filenames

Hi there,

I am working with v2006, and am having problems with my image stimuli.

Quite a few times during the experiment, instead of showing a file, my experiment adds  in front of image names, and therefore does not recognise the images. (e.g. Aa1left.bmp, instead of my Aa1left.bmp file).
    This happens only to the images that are in my stimlists, all of which are preceded in the code with a %, so as to randomize the stimuli.

The filenames are scrambled at random, and different numbers of times per experiment.

I have coded all my lists in UTF-8, and am using 24-bit .bmp files.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by takeitlikeaditch; 09-22-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Hi there

Did you have any luck figuring this out? I am encountering the same problem and have been unsuccessful in identifying the issue. Here's what I've found out/attempted:

- For me, the error is actually occurring only for the first picture in each of my stimlists (but appears random since they are randomly drawn).
    - If I take the randomization out, the problem still occurs so it isn't to do with the randomization.
    - There is nothing different about those particular pictures to the other pictures; I checked this in detail and did a batch conversion on all of my pics to ensure they didn't differ on any of the settings I could think of (3" width, 100 DIP, 24 bit bmp..)

Please let me know if you found a solution or if anyone else can recommend anything else I can look into.

Cheers
    Bethanie

I never figured it out I'm afraid, I just had to discount those trials. I didn't have it only messing up the ones in the beginning of a set, I had varying numbers per each subject. Ugh, I hope you have better luck solving it than I did!