Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Windows 7/DirectRT 2010 Issues

Windows 7/DirectRT 2010 Issues

I am running DirectRT version 2010.3.0.109 on Windows 7 64bit and am getting the following error:

"DirectRT can not determine your display's refresh rate which is critical for accurate timing. The cause of this problem is usually an outdated or disabled video driver, or disabled hardware acceleration in your video settings. If you needs help resolving this issue please report this error to suport@empirisoft.com. Error #6. Overflow"

This same error occurs on numerous machines with various versions of 2010. All drivers are up-to-date.

If I force the refresh rate to 75hertz I have had some luck making the program run. However, after running the program 1-3 times the refresh rate resets to 60hertz and the programs throws the error again. Since this fix doesn't work 100% of the time I need better solution before I can offer DirectRT to our users.

Attached is a DxDiag export from one of the machines along the error msg.
    I emailed this to the support email last week and have not yet heard back.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Same error - also on Windows7 64 bit

We have a research study set to start later this week and discovered that in our lab we are getting this same display refresh rate error on our 2011 Dell Optiplex 780 desktop PCs running Windows 7 64 bit. The connector to the display is DVI.

Oddly, the task launches occasionally in the app without the error but only about 10% of the time on any given PC and on some PCs we've not gotten it to work at all without producing the error. Interesting that the original post also mentions intermittently getting it to work, although I did not change the refresh rate manually.

This is the function path that produces the error: File>Select and Run Input File to a .csv to run a "lexical decision task." I'm a technician. I have no idea what a "lexical decision task" is but the academic person next to me says that's what we're trying to do.

Hi

I have also encountered the same error (also intermittent) on our machines (also Win7 and v2010.3) but I have found that if I cancel the error message (press escape) and then go back to File > select and run input file and then reselect the input file it will then run. Sometimes the error message will show up a second time, but if I just cancel it again then I'll be able to run the input file.

Cheers
    Bethanie