Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Transfer of files issue

Transfer of files issue

I am having trouble with some direct RT files. I programmed an input file (including stim for instruction files) on a computer running Windows 7. Everything was working flawlessly. I then transferred the entire experiment folder over to other lab computers (running Windows XP). I am having several issues. First, the instructions only showing up at the top and only a fraction of the entire instructions. Whereas before all the instructions were showing up on the entire screen in the appropriate location. When I checked the instruction file (after transferring the files) there are several unknown characters in the file. Could this be a compatibility issue between older and never notepad versions? Second, when I then try to present the stimuli directRT indicates that some files were not found in the stim folder (by only displaying the file name). All files were copied over correctly. And lastly, I programmed the file so that only after a key response the next stimuli should be presented. However, the file just goes through the stimuli without being prompted by a key response. Again, these issues did not occur when I programmed the files initially.

Do you have any idea what might be the issue and what a possible easy fix to these issues would be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Are the versions of DirectRT identical on the different machines? i.e., 20xx.xx.xx?

hey Jarvis,

actually they were not. I programmed on the 2010 beta version and the other machines were running 2008. I just upgraded to 2010, but have not tried it yet. I am hoping that will resolve the issue.

Got the issue resolved. Thanks for the feedback. Installing the 2010 version solved the problem.