Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Uninterpretable Error Message

Uninterpretable Error Message

Hi there,

I've just created a .csv file that displays .bmp images and requires voice responses. It works fine on our older laptops (Windows XP, DirectRTV2008) but when I transferred it to our newer laptops (which have Windows 7 and the DirectRTV2008 that is compatible with 7) I get a strange error message talking about conversion of strings to Uintegers. I have no idea what this means.

When I open the input file, I get that error message and once I hit OK, it does take me to the first screen of the experiment. Once there however you have to close the program as it won't let you go any further.

I've attached a screen shot of the error, the .csv file and the style file. I've tried changing the screen resolution (as of now it's set to the size of our monitor) but it hasn't changed anything. I'm also running another input file with many of the same .bmp images and it works fine, so I know it's not the images.

I would appreciate any advice!

Thanks,
    Erin
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Also!

I also tried to change the compatibility setting to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (which our other laptops run on) and nothing happens when I try to run any input file.

DirectRT Error Message with Windows 7

Hi,

I get the same error message. I'm running DirectRT version 2008.1 (NOT the beta upgrade) on Windows 7 computers. I am attaching my input file as well. I created and ran this study on Windows XP computers with DirectRT version 2006 and did not have any problems.

One other note is that after clicking "OK" and acknowledging the error message, I get to the first screen (blank black screen) of the DirectRT file, but can't go any further. I have to force-quit the program and when I do so, the resolution for the monitors is messed up and set to the lowest setting.

Please advise.

Try ordering your trials only from 1-N in sequential order.

Did that solve the problem for you?

Still getting error message

Hi,

I tried the fix Lang Lab suggested (trial numbers in sequential order) and that still did not solve the problem. I also upgraded to DirectRT v2008.2 for Windows 7, still no fix. I am attaching a different .csv input file as well as a picture of the two error messages I get one after another.

I'm not sure if it is visible in the picture, but my screen resolution is set to 1680x1050 which is optimal for the widescreen. After the second error message, the resolution drops to 1024x768.

Please advise immediately.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just out of curiosity--did you try it will "0" values in the bgr column--i.e., rather than leaving them blank? I ask because the error looks like a variable format conversion error of some type and using a null "" value where something (even a 0) is expected might cause that.