Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: v2008 freezes

v2008 freezes

We v2008.1.0.21 with Windows XP. We start DirectRT, select our input file and run. We have to press the space bar to begin and when we do that nothing is presented and the window goes blank and freezes. I saw that there was a freezing issue with v2010 and that I new executeDRT file was recommended. I installed this but then when I select and run an input file, absolutely nothing happens. I am attaching an input file.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Oh, that exe you found was intended to fix v2010 and/or the 2008 version created for Vista/Windows7. It's only supposed to be used to replace "executedrt.exe" v2010.2.103.1115. Do you still have a copy of the one you replaced? If not let me know and I can send it to you or you can reinstall from www.empirisoft.com/download_old.aspx. The version 2008.1.21 you mention I think is for the file "directrt.exe". The actual release version is defined by the version of "executedrt.exe". The final release of v2008 for XP was 2008.1.13.

Anyways, aside from all that, I ran your input under 2008.1.13 here and it seemed to run fine. But then again, I didn't have the gif files used on the second and third trials. If you remove those two trials (or use some temporary text stimuli in place of the gifs) does everything work ok?

further re v2008 freezes

I do have the original and have already switched back to original executeDRT file. So no worries there.

I have not tried with getting rid of the gifs, but will try tomorrow.

A couple of other pieces of information that might help. First, when it freezes it opens a tap that has a title "ActiveMovie Window" but when you click on that tap no window comes up. Second, we are running the stimulus presentation through a video splitter so that the images are presented on the experimenter's monitor and the subject's monitor. When I ran this with the subject monitor off, it did not crash. But, when I turned the subject's monitor on, then it froze. Before this, we were having problems with getting the image to present properly on both because the computer is new and it was set up for a wide screen monitor. We fixed that, but now we are getting this so I am wondering whether this might be cause by differences in resolution of the two monitors.

I am not sure if any of this helps.