Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: only answering some questions

only answering some questions

Hello,
    So i'm running a program where people are asked a series of Y or N questions. If they answer yes, in a later block of questions, I would like them to make a response on a scale of 1-8. I can get the scale of 1-8 to work and I can make them make Y/N responses... but I cannot make it so that ONLY if they answer Y do they answer the question in the next block. I've attached the spreadsheet!
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

This needs to be done in Direct RT although I know it can be accomplished in MediaLab because we require the accuracy of the reaction times for the responses. I can only figure out the skipping and jumping and neither of those seem to be what I want!

Thanks,
    Nagham
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by elhous; 01-10-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Not sure I completely understand. Is the contingency to answer the scale questions based on y/n responses to multiple items (e.g., based on a cumulative score) or to just one single y/n item? Your input file makes it (to me anyways) seem like the former but based on your post it sounds like the latter. Hmm. Hope that made sense.

alright so let me try this again.
    I need them to answer 1) a yes or no question. If they answer Y to this question I need them to a) answer a question with a 1-8 scale AND b) answer an additional Y/N question.

If they answer No to the first question in 1)...then that question is not included in parts a) and b).

does that make sense?