Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Combine clear screen with compound screen

Combine clear screen with compound screen

What I'd like to do is be able to show a stimulus, keep it there while I show a GET READY message, and then replace the GET READY with another stimulus, while still keeping the first stimulus in place. Is that even possible? it would require clearing only the GET READY, not the original stimulus.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 11-20-2006 at 04:12 PM.

You could do this two ways. You could clear the whole thing after "get ready" and then immediately show your first stimulus again with 0ms delay and the second stimulus, also with 0ms delay. An alternative would be to present the second stimulus as an image rather than as text.. so long as the image covers the "get ready" area, the this would also do the trick.

You could do this two ways. You could clear the whole thing after "get ready" and then immediately show your first stimulus again with 0ms delay and the second stimulus, also with 0ms delay.
    Hmm...by delay, do you mean a 0 in the time column? The second stimulus is to hang out until a response is made by the user, so I'm not certain how I'd be able to do that. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you mean by delay. That's certainly possible.

An alternative would be to present the second stimulus as an image rather than as text.. so long as the image covers the "get ready" area, the this would also do the trick.
    I considered that option, but I wondered if it would significantly slow down the presentation by using an image rather than text. Would it make a difference, or would all that get taken care of before the presentation began. That is, would all the images be preloaded?

Success!! The first option (not the images) works perfectly. Thanks!