Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Help with a specific cueing experiment program

Help with a specific cueing experiment program

Here is what I want to do:

1. Two blocks of trials: Training and Test
    2. During training, two possible central discriminatory cues randomly presented, one always predicting a subsequent target on the right and the other predicting a target on the left
    3. During test, continue presenting discriminatory cues with their 100% predictable targets, but on random trials present a test stimulus after which targets appear on the left and right (2AFC)

I can set up the training phase with no problem, but how do distinguish between the two blocks as distinct, but keeping the trials randomized within the block? (I am using RBG to distinguish between sets of 4 trials which consist of cue, ITI, target, ISI.)

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you need additional information about the experiment, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Scott

Will this help?

I read in another thread a similar problem by someone else. It was suggested that two DirectRT experiments could be coded independently for the two different blocks and linked and shown sequentially in MediaLab. Is this correct? Would this solve the problem that I am having?

You can certainly use MediaLab to enhance the randomization capabilities of DirectRT (e.g., helping especially with the creation of between subject designs). However, if I understand your design correctly, you could do this probably within DirectRT if you could get your four trial components consolidated into single lines (i.e., as opposed to 4 lines within your input file). Or maybe I'm not understanding. This is the line that is throwing me:
    I am using RBG to distinguish between sets of 4 trials which consist of cue, ITI, target, ISI.)
    Could you elaborate or possibly attach a simple sample input file that illustrates the problem?