Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: DirectRT to MediaLab Changover Time

DirectRT to MediaLab Changover Time

So we all know that there is a lapse between DirectRT ending and MediaLab restarting (something less than 1 second) but I need to record an RT from a MediaLab rating scale (I can't create this scale in DirectRT) but I am also controlling for the interval between when the participant sees the stimulus on DirectRT and when they give their rating in MediaLab. Is there anyway to calculate how long that change over time is so that I can account for the time lapse in my program?
    Last edited by jarvis24; 01-06-2011 at 02:49 PM.

If you need to do it this way, you could place a timestamp parameter at the onset of the DirectRT item and at the onset of the following item. You could then calculate the difference. Would that get at what you need?

From the 2008 user's guide under the section regarding questionnaire item parameters:

@ time stamp (optional)
    By entering @ as a parameter for any item in a questionnaire, you can have MediaLab write a time stamp at the onset of that item in order to keep track of events in real time. When you do this, a time stamp will be appended to a file called "timestamps.csv" located in the data folder. Each time stamp will include the Subject ID, the variable name, the time at which the item started (e.g., 12:33:22), the milliseconds elapsed from the beginning of the experiment and the number of milliseconds passed since the last timestamp. The timestamp function can be used with all item types.