Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Formatting Feedback and Instruction Screens

Formatting Feedback and Instruction Screens

[edited from support email]

I just found the help section on calculated values, complex skips, & reports. It so happens that I was going to have to figure out how to do those three things, and I was delighted that learning how to do one also taught me how to do the others. As with everything else, once I mastered how to code the program, it all ran smoothly. And most importantly, it only took a few hours for me to master it. Now I can have people play a game, and media lab will keep track of the points they've been earning, it's great.

Here's my question for you: When I display the points, I'm using the calculated values method to get it to display the score (using an instructional field and then telling it to go to the responses file to get the number). I would like to make it so the formatting in the instructional field isn't all the same. Specifically, I'd like the numbers to be bigger than the words. I know how to change the formatting for the whole field, but not how to make a change within the field. Is there a way to do selective formatting within a field?

Check out the section from the new v2006 manual on custom items. You could use a custom itme made from an HTML file instead of an instruction screen:

www.empirisoft.com/medialab/help/custom_items.htm

Let me know if that helps!
    Blair

Hi Blair. If I make the screen using an HTML file, will MediaLab recognize the command to get calculated values within the HTML code?

Yup, it's SUPER cool! Let me know if you have any trouble with it or need any help. Hardly anybody knows about these new functions yet because the new manual just came out. So I'm really curious to see if they useful to users like you. Just remember it's got to be v2006.2 or later.

Blair

Got it. Thanks!