Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: DirectRT quits during RWG

DirectRT quits during RWG

DirectRT is quiting at random spots within a RWG block I have created. I do not think DirectRT is crashing because the experiment exits on its own without creating any trouble and records a data file. The resulting datafiles let me know that DirectRT is quitting at random places in this block: it doesn't quit continually on the same trial and it doesn't quit after the same number of trials each time.

I am running DirectRT2010 on windows 7 with an Intel i5 core processor. I am attaching the input file, the style.dat and a few data outputs to show that directRT is quitting randomly within this block.

If anyone could help, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your input file looks good, I see no problems with it. What release of v2010 are you using? i.e., 2010.x.x.x from the Help > About menu.

I am using DirectRT 2010.122.804.10

Polysemyboy--sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. My first suggestion would be to try running it on the non-beta release of DirectRT v2010. Quite a number of fixes were implemented after the August/2010 version you are running. That may be sufficient. If not, let me know and I can go into a more in-depth trouble shooting spree. Again, my apologies for not writing "try the newer version" the same day you posted.

Hi polysemyboy

Just wondering whether you are able to provide an update on whether you found a fix for the problem? I am encountering what sounds like much the same issue, but have tried both the more recent v2010.3 on Win7 as well as v2008 on XP -- and the problem occurs on both.

If you found an alternative fix, are you able to share it?

Many thanks,
    Bethanie