Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: direct RT wont run in medialab

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

direct RT wont run in medialab

My lexical decision task, programmed in direct RT version 2002.6 will not run in medialab. medialab tells me I do not have a valid license for direct RT (which obviously I do..).

So it runs fine if you start it directly in DirectRT? If so, what version of MediaLab are you using?

directrt in medialab

Direct RT I run in 2002.5.0 and Medialab is 2002.5.6 (which indeed is not quite the same, is that the problem?). It does indeed run when I run in Direct RT (and it runs at work as well in medialab, just not on my home computer)

It's very unusual that DirectRT would run fine but that MediaLab would tell you it's not licensed. What versions do you have at work (i.e., where it is running properly)?

I have exactly the same versions at work. I wondered whether it could be directing to the 2006 version of Direct Rt which I downloaded as trial but did not get a license code for. SO I first deleted the Direct RT 2006 folder in my system documents (not a good idea I know) and then uninstalled the 2006 trial version (which I should have done immediately) but now I get the message "76 path not found" when I reach my first direct rt programmed questionnaire and will not run through the rest of the course (which is a problem for me, prior to this I could at least see whether the rest of my course was running). I hope you can help...

Ah, yes that makes sense--MediaLab was likely trying to run the most recent installation of DirectRT. You should be able to fix this by re-installing v2002.