Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Renumbering not saving in Experiment Editor

Renumbering not saving in Experiment Editor

[edited by moderator]
    I seem to have discovered a problem with the ReNum button in the MediaLab Experiment Editor, which can also occur when questions are moved around before the ReNum button is hit. The changes may appear fine but when you save it and open the file back up, the questions may be out of order or in some cases, duplicated. Has anyone else experience this? I have had it happen on multiple computers and have been somewhat able to compensate, but it would be useful to know there is a fix to this problem. If there is, can we download a patch or an upgrade? It really presents a problem when you are creating a questionnaire file.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 11-05-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Thank you for reporting this--may I ask what version of MediaLab you are using? The new editor in the 2010 should alleviate any problems like this although this is the first I've heard of the renum button being problematic. There have been issues with the editor reported in the past but generally they have been addressed. One thing we have suggested to users who DO experience trouble is to open their questionnaires in Microsoft Access (without converting the format to a newer version of Access). This is because the que and exp file are actually .MDB Access database files and are easily edited in that environment as an alternative to any versions of the ML experiment editor. Like I said though also, the 2010 version of the editor has been re-written and should prove more reliable than ever.

I am using v2008, which from the website seems to be the only version available. The odd thing is I have had this problem occur across computers, even in different locations so it is not just a problem with the one computer.

How would I download an update for the new editor (I do not see the 2010 one)? I hope it is a free upgrade?