Hi,
I'm having some problems with MediaLab 2008, and I'm really stumped. I just
ordered and installed 4 site licenses. I can get Media Lab to work beautifully on my own computer -- ironically, a MacBook Pro running Bootcamp. It's running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit, and I'm having no trouble with it at all.

My lab laptops are another matter. We have brand new Lenovo laptops, running Windows 7 Home Premium. We have installed media lab on the machines, gotten the keys from you, and entered them successfully. We can
open up a .exp file and see the all the items in the experiment (i.e., it looks totally normal) the same is true for the .que files (they look totally normal) . But we can't run .exps or .que's (as a single questionnaire). If we try to do so, media lab tries to launch the experiment but all we see is a gray screen and the computer just hangs. We can only break out of it by using the task manager. It sounds like other folks have had problems along those lines and we tried what was suggested and nothing's worked.

I'm completely stumped -- I've used MediaLab for 7 years and have been the primary person for managing software in my lab, and I never had anything like this happen before. I'm guessing it's a Windows 7 issue -- I'm used to
running Media Lab on machines with XP and never had problems like this before.

Things we've done/tried/noticed:
1) We ran the media lab installation as the administrator (we were both logged into an administrator account and selected the "run as administrator" option when we opened the install .exe)
2) We made sure media lab would be available to all users
3) We uninstalled and reinstalled
4) We restarted the computer
5) We verified that the medialab.exe file properties are set to give all of the user accounts on the machine full control of over the program (so all users can read and write and then some)
6) We tried running medialab in compatibility mode for XP (service pack 3)
7) We also noticed that when we open medialab we get asked whether we want to allow the program to make changes to the computer (this doesn't happen on my machine where media lab is working fine & i've no clue whether or not it's relevant to the problem).

I'd really appreciate your help -- I just don't know what else to try and/or what the problem might be.

Many thanks!
Kristen