Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Skipping Questions

Skipping Questions

I am trying to make it so that I ask the participants a series of questions, and based on those answers they are asked another series of questions. For example, I'd ask them Do you like icecream, do you like chips, do you like pop, do you like candy. If they answered yes to icecream and pop, then only these questions would be rated "on a scale of 1-8 how much do you like icecream" "on a scale of 1-8 how much do you like pop". Because they answered that they did not like pop and candy I want them to never be asked these questions. In addition, I want the first set of questions to be randomized. I cannot seem to get this to work and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does it matter that this be done in DirectRT as opposed to MediaLab? I ask only because it would be very easy in MediaLab. It can also be done in DirectRT but I thought I'd ask first before getting into that. If it's DirectRT you want to use, then it would be helpful to post whatever you have been able to create so far. Maybe I can tweak it for you.

reaction times

IS it possible to do reaction times of the responses to question in MediaLab. If so, and it is easy to accomplish this task in MediaLab then I'm all for learning it! But, reaction times are integral to this study. My understanding was DirectRT was the go to for reaction times, does MediaLab do reaction times? Thanks for the help!

MediaLab *does* do reaction times but DirectRT is better when extreme precision is required. For questions like what you are describing, MediaLab response times will usually do the trick. Any error in ML's RTs is usually offset by variance in the reading time of a question like "how much do you like ice cream" and then the subsequent selection of a scale response. This would be in contrast to "hit this key if you see a real word and this key if it's a non-word" sort of thing. For more on this see also:
    http://www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?t=15