Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: DirectRT 2010 IP subnet dll problem

DirectRT 2010 IP subnet dll problem

DirectRT 2010 Beta 122 is installed on a couple of Windows 7 64-bit machines. I applied the newest ip-subnet licensing dll's into the C:\DirectRT\Components\ folder. As soon as I try to launch DirectRT after applying the license files, I get the crash message shown in the attached screenshot. I've verified this is consistent across two different installs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you manually register the dll does that help? You can do so by typing the following from within the windows 'Run' menu:

regsvr32 c:\[path name]\license2010ip.dll

Thanks Jarvis,

That mostly solved the problem. The other thing I discovered, is that you have to be careful about your proxy settings inside the "Internet Options" control panel applet. If you let it auto-detect proxies, and there is one around, DirectRT assumes THAT is your workstations ip address...and it may or may not be in the actual ip-range that your workstations are in/licensed for.

That's interesting and certainly unexpected! I've never heard of that before--I'll make sure we take a look at this and see if we can find a solution for the new version. Thanks for the tip. -Blair