Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: data being recorded as "ok" and "99"

data being recorded as "ok" and "99"

I am using custom HTML questionnaires. The variable names are being recorded correctly, but the data is being recorded as "ok" and "99" for every item. I used this same basic HTML for a previous experiment, and changed all appropriate information (variable names, item numbers, etc.) for my current measures. Any suggestions on what might be going wrong?

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem. Copied a html file that works correctly, changed variable names and question text. When I run, "ok" is recorded in the placeholder variable and "99" is recorded in for the variables.

<edited by moderator>
    Last edited by jarvis24; 10-06-2011 at 10:10 PM.

This can happen for a few reasons, but most commonly if the number of variables isn't specified via the v parameter. But if you can attach your que file and html file (zipped if possible) I could take a look and see if something else is going on.

One other thing to check--if you are capturing multiple variables in your custom item--don't forget to put an underscore between the variable name in your que file and the numeric ID of the variable (see attached for an example where the underscores are missing). E.g., if your variable is called "ques1" and gathers 4 variables, be sure they are referred to in your HTML form as ques1_01, ques1_02, etc. as opposed to ques101, ques102 etc. Just one other possibility that came to mind--please let me know if it helps!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jarvis24; 10-06-2011 at 10:49 PM.

I'm trying to use the "dummy variable" method. Our researcher does not like the idea of underscores in the variable names and I find it easier to code them directly in HTML than to piecemeal it together with Medialab.

I'm structuring the form based off of the Sample 5 - custom items, dummy variables example. I'm attaching my files, there's a lot of css code included but it should not effect the data being passed, or at least it doesn't in other similar situations.

In my attached file, there are two questionnaires, amp-02 and amp-03. The first one, amp-02, passes the correct data. The second one, amp-03, passes "99" as data. As far as I can tell, they are set up the same way.

Thanks for taking a look.
    Attached Files Attached Files