Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: New User w v2006 on Vista can't start sample

New User w v2006 on Vista can't start sample

I have installed the 2006 version of Medialab and am trying to run the sample experiment. When I enter the Case ID and condition and press enter – just a light blue screen appears – no experiment appears and you cant exit it – need to shutdown through task manager. Can you help with this - Is this a known issue with the 2006 version?

I don’t really mind if the sample doesn’t work - if you can assure me that any experiments that I create will work?
    I have attached a Systems diagnostics information file about this laptop – I’m using Windows Vista.

I don’t want to have to upgrade because I am using my university licence code – on one of their laptops for research purposes.

Thanks
    Last edited by jarvis24; 03-09-2010 at 09:51 AM.

I do not know of an issue like this with MediaLab on Vista, but then I am mostly aware of this via v2008 installations. If it were me, I might try 1. checking other samples, 2. checking that you have full user permissions on the C:\MediaLab folder, and 3. reinstalling. If none of those options produce a fix, then I would at least try installing v2008 to see if that makes the difference. Because, no, I suspect if you can not run Sample 1, Condition 1, then you will not be able to run other studies because that sample is about as simple as MediaLab gets.