Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Customer Reviews (case 22515)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Customer Reviews (case 22515)

Want to submit a personal review of our products? This is the place!

Note: for published reviews, please see www.empirisoft.com/pressreleases.aspx
    Last edited by jarvis24; 09-05-2020 at 05:31 PM.

Robert B. Cialdini, Arizona State University

[submitted via email]

In the nearly two years that my graduate students and I have been using MediaLab and DirectRT, we have been continually impressed with the extent to which these programs facilitate nearly every aspect of our laboratory research. Because MediaLab and DirectRT have such a wide range of options and capabilities, we have rarely encountered a project that could not be easily run with these programs. The nearly intuitive programming, the diverse functionality, and the complete elimination of data entry have made our lab more efficient from the very first day that we installed these programs on our computers.

Robert B. Cialdini
    Arizona State University
    Last edited by jarvis24; 09-05-2020 at 05:31 PM.

Fritz Strack, Universitaet Wuerzburg, Germany

[from the SPSP discussion group, January 8, 2001]

Dear Colleagues,

It has been a couple of weeks that I have asked you for experiences with lab software. Your responses were most informative. Many thanks for your help! Here is a short and impressionistic summary that is, of course, highly biased by the self-selection of the respondents: Over all, of the some twenty replies that we have received, there seems to be a strong preference for MediaLab and the corresponding RT tool named DirectRT. Only strong suggestions in favour of MediaLab were reported, literally every respondent who was using MediaLab seemed to be pleased with it. A different picture has emerged for other software:

Unfortunately, very few respondents seemed to have first-hand experience with EPrime. There still seem to be some problems in adapting old MEL programs. Supposedly, the programming code has not changed that much and still seems to be less intuitive than the easy-to-use, clickable tools of MediaLab. Nevertheless, the RT measuring tool of EPrime seems to be comfortable and exact - something we do not know for Inquisit and Superlab, programs that seem to be less widely distributed. In sum, both EPrime and MediaLab seem to have good RT-tools that work properly and yield accurate results in the "not so easy to handle" windows environment.

Fritz Strack
    Universitaet Wuerzburg, Germany
    Last edited by jarvis24; 09-05-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Neal Roese, University of Illinois, UC

A stunning breakthrough: at last a software package is able to bring the vivid possibilities of computer multimedia to the laboratory, and all without any advanced programming skills required. Putting a questionnaire onto a PC has never been easier. With color, font, image and other formatting so effortlessly manipulated, MediaLab raises the computer experiment to a whole new aesthetic level.

Neal Roese
    University of Illinois, UC
    Last edited by jarvis24; 11-25-2005 at 11:04 AM.

Richard E. Petty, Ohio State University

MediaLab is a fantastic software tool that allows graduate students with a minimum level of computer expertise to program their own relatively complex multi-media experiments. Students find the program to be not only extraordinarily useful, but fun to interact with as well. As a result of the popularity of MediaLab experiments in our lab, we are doubling the number of computer work stations for conducting studies.

Richard E. Petty
    Ohio State University

John Bassili, University of Toronto

MediaLab and DirectRT have been extremely useful for our research in the past several years. My lab had used other experimental software in the past, and we had found the experience excruciating. DirectRT, which we use for our response time research is very user friendly. I require that students who work in my lab learn to use it before getting started with their research, and this has never been an impediment to a quick start. I am very pleased with MediaLab and DirectRT and recommend them highly.

John Bassili,
    University of Toronto