Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Online Version of MediaLab/DirectRT?

Online Version of MediaLab/DirectRT?

Hi

I am very eager to purchase either MediaLab or DirectRT, but am waiting for the "online experiment" feature. I would like to be able to create an experiment with images, powerpoints, various conditions, etc, have it hosted on a server, and have participants access it through the web from remote locations.

Might you know when this feature will be implemented?

I note in the discussion pages in the forums that you expect it to be ready this Spring?

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Eric Gladstone
    PhD Candidate
    Cornell University

Yes, the functionality is built into v2010 and is available now but is still in beta testing (let us know if you would like to work with us as we come to finalize it). For more details, including info on the "official v2010 releases, see http://www.empirisoft.com/support/sh...ad.php?p=10387.

Online Version: Would Definitely Like to Help Work On It

Hi

I would definitely like to help work on the online version. Can I get a beta test platform now, and help with the process?

Let me know, and take care.

Eric Gladstone

eg366@cornell.edu

Yes, if you are a licensed DirectRT user, you can get a beta version of DirectRT v2010 now (contact sales@empirisoft.com). As for MediaLab, we can notify you as soon as it's available. Do you have a sample study you would like use to test before the release?

Online MediaLab Reply

Hi

I am currently not a liscensed DirectRT user (or MediaLab), but will be once the software is usable online. Crucial to my department purchasing MediaLab is that it can be used via some online platform. Can any type of trial period be worked out?

Thanks, and take care

Eric Gladstone
    Cornell University

Yes, contact sales@empirisoft.com and they can set you up with the needed info. A DirectRT v2010 trial is no problem at all. If you do want to test out the MediaLab online functionality during the trial period, it would help to put together a basic study that accomplishes what you want to do. We'll run it through the beta in our own lab first to make sure it can run without issues, and then show you how to set it up and run it online yourself.

Online MediaLab`

Hi

I'm not clear as to what my options are--apologies. I'm not too familiar with DirectRT, and do not currently have any version of MediaLab. I'm happy to download a trial version should one be available, and throw together a basic study if that's what your implying.

Let me know, and thanks.

Eric

Yes, that's it. Download and install the v2008 MediaLab package on our primary download page (http://www.empirisoft.com/download.aspx). We'll send you a trial code and you can put something together that resembles what you are envisioning. You can send that to us and we'll be able to confirm that it will work online. If so, we'll give you a test version of the 2010 beta and you can see for yourself how it works online. Does that make sense?