Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: background web page during experiment?

background web page during experiment?

Hi,
    I'm trying to show a movie clip while participants work on an easy experimental task (pressing the space bar as often as they want, responses recorded). I programmed the clip on a web page. How can I show the webpage as background during the directrt experiment?
    Best,
    Jochim

I noticed in another thread you are trying to install InputRT (although having installation difficulties). It's an old program I wrote years ago that was very cool and powerful at the time. It would handle this although a solution integrated within DirectRT would be so much easier. Sadly, there isn't one--at least not in v2008 or earlier. We have a beta available now for v2010 and I believe it may have a function to take continuous keyboard input during a single stimulus (such as your video clip). I'll check into this and see. What version of DirectRT are you running now?

for other users: more on InputRT:
    http://www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?t=330

The 2010 version of DirectRT should have no problem running this experiment; however you'll need to reference the actual video file, rather than a web page.

As Blair has noted, DirectRT 2010 has the ability to continuously monitor the keyboard.

If you would like, I could help you get started with a trial version of the software. I would be happy to work with you to get your experiment up and running. Send over an email to our support address for more information.

Thanks for your answers. At the moment our lab has the 2006 version of DirectRT. I'll have to check whether there's a possibility to buy licenses for the 2010 version.